Thanks for your interest in working with our applied research group at the Huawei Munich Research Center or at the University of Coimbra. Our group has a special in interested in the following fields:
- AI applied to cloud operations (AIOps)
- Planet-scale cloud computing.
- Machine learning.
- Distributed systems.
- Other fields (see my Google Scholar profile).
Our group thrives to see the larger picture, be innovative and creative, and drive to make a lasting impact on planet-scale distributed system design and software systems. We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them – Einstein.
We are always looking forward to work with excellent researchers which:
- Simplify the complexity of existing technical solutions (KISS principle)
- Solve difficult technical problems (DIY principle)
- Focus on the solution, not the obstacle
- Translate theory into practice
If need more information explaining what a PhD/MSc thesis is about, you can browse over the following links:
- Writing a Thesis Proposal, Learning Centre, University of Sydney.
- How to write a great research paper, by Simon Peyton Jones at Microsoft Research.
- The Ten Commandments for writing academic papers, by Julienne Hanson, Bartlett School of Architecture, London.
- Understanding Science 101, University of California, Berkeley, US.
- Academic Writing and Publishing: A Practical Handbook, by James Hartley.
We are also open to host academic visitors (students or faculty).
If you are interested in a PhD/MSc student position or in a visiting position, please send me an e-mail with your application.
Jorge Cardoso Intelligent Cloud Operations @ Munich Research Center 2019.01.25